Inbound to Komaba

inbound(Do not delete)

Top > Inbound to Komaba > Support Services > Health and Safety

Health and Safety

Health Service Center

We have health service centers on our Komaba, Hongo and Kashiwa campuses. Anyone belonging to the university can visit any of the Health Service Centers to receive diagnosis and treatment for illnesses and injuries, as well as for health counseling, first aid and other services, regardless of the department to which he or she belongs. As for services such as medical checkups and issuance of various medical examination reports, members of the University of Tokyo community should visit the Health Service Center on the campus where his or her faculty, graduate school or department is located.

For details, please click here.

Crisis Management

Safety Confirmation System (Komaba I Campus)

In the event of an earthquake or other natural disaster, this system is used to confirm the safety of students of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the College of Arts and Sciences using email. In April 2017, this new Safety Confirmation System (using NTT Comware) replaced the aging and now defunct “Komaba Alert” system used up until the end of March 2017.
All students of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the College of Arts and Sciences are registered as users of this service. The safety confirmation email is sent to the email address the student registered in their UTAS page. You can register up to two email addresses, so please register both if possible.
The information registered in the Safety Confirmation System updates once a month based on the information registered in UTAS. For more details, click here.

Disaster Prevention

Once every semester, the International Education Support Office holds an Earthquake and Disaster Prevention seminar for international students and foreign researchers.
Various information regarding earthquake and disaster prevention for international students and foreign researchers is available here.
For more details, please click here.





IMAS: Inbound Medical Assistance Service for International Students at UTokyo

The University of Tokyo (UTokyo) provides the titled service: IMAS (Inbound Medical Assistance Service) through a specialist organization (EAJ – Emergency Assistance Japan ) for international students. To use this service please read the following website carefully and complete the application form on the following website.



■ For general questions about IMAS
  International Support Group
■ For questions about the handling of IMAS in College/Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
  International Student Section, Academic Affairs Division (Administration Building 1F)

Useful Links

Tokyo Metropolitan Health and Medical Information Center

The Tokyo Metropolitan Health and Medical Information Center (Tokyo-to Hoken Iryo Joho Center) provides information about medical institutions and employs staff who speak foreign languages. The center also provides information about the medical and health insurance systems in Japan. For details, please click here.

Multilingual medical questionnaire system, "M3(M-cube)"

With this M3 system, you can take medical interviews in your selected language on the Internet before going to a hospital. The results of the interview can then be printed out and taken to a hospital. You can also scan the QR code and view the results on your cell phone. For details, please click here.

Find a doctor now - a survival guide for getting medical treatment in Japan for UTokyo international students, researchers and their families

This webpage gives you tips to find clinics/hospitals in the Kanto area of Japan so that you can receive the appropriate treatment.  Also, the information provided on the webpage may help you with emergency hospital visits, as it explains what to do when you visit clinics and hospitals in Japan and also includes information on Japanese health insurance, support for pregnant woman and care of infants.
For details, please click here.
Back to Top